Monasterio de las Viñas Old Vine Garnacha 2016
Our winemaking technical team together with Joey Tensley, named “Santa Barbara winemaking star” by Wine Spectator have captured the unique character of the Garnacha from Cariñena, by selecting small parcels of 40+ year old vines from the many diverse terroirs in Grandes Vinos portfolio of vineyards. Head-pruned old vines.
Handpicked and aged during 4 months in French Oak barrels.
Capacity: 75 cl
4 months in French oak barrels
Vineyards over 40 years old
Region wine apellation
Cariñena D.O.P. Spain
- Asia Wein Trophy - Gold (2019)
- Grenaches du Monde - Silver (2022)
- Berliner Wein Trophy - Silver (2018)
- Mundus Vini - Summer edition - Silver (2018)
- Jeb Dunnuck - 90 points (2018)
- Guía de la semana Vitivinícola - 91 points (2018)
- Sommeliers Choice Awards - Gold (2020)