What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small fragment of text that websites send to the browser and that is stored on the user’s terminal, which may be a personal computer, a mobile phone, a tablet, etc… These files enable the website to remember information about your visit, such as your language and preferred options, which may make your next visit to the website easier and make the site more useful by customising its content. Cookies play a very important role in improving the user’s website experience.
There are both temporary session cookies and permanent cookies. Session cookies only store data while the user is accessing the website and permanent cookies store data on the terminal so that it can be accessed and used in more than one session.
Types of cookies used on our website
Our own technical and personalisation cookies
These are cookies that enable the user to browse the website correctly and make sure it functions correctly, for example to identify the session, access the restricted access areas of the website or to remember language and device options.
Third-party statistical analysis cookies
These cookies are installed by external websites and enable analysis of user behaviour on websites. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure and analyse activity on websites, applications or platforms. On our website we use Google Analytics for this purpose.
How do I manage cookies on my browser?
You have the option of allowing, blocking or deleting cookies installed on your computer using the settings options for the browser installed on your device:
To adjust your cookie settings using Google Chrome:
- Click the menu on the toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Click advanced options.
- In the ‘Privacy’ section click content settings.
- In the Cookies section you can set your options.
To adjust your cookie settings using Mozilla Firefox:
- At the top of the Firefox window click on the Tools menu.
- Select Options.
- Select the Privacy panel.
- In the Firefox option you can choose Use personalised settings for the browser history to set your options.
To adjust your cookie settings using Internet Explorer 9:
- At the top of the Internet Explorer window click on the Tools menu.
- Select the Security tab and use the Delete browsing history option to delete cookies. Tick the Cookies checkbox and then click Delete.
- Select the Security tab and go to Settings. Move the slider fully up to the top to block all cookies or fully down to the bottom to allow all cookies. After that, click Accept.
On some browsers specific rules can be set to manage cookies by website, which offers you more precise control over your privacy. This means that you can disable cookies from all websites except those you trust.