An equally colorful and tasty dish, we present the work of chef Manel García Prieto. We dare you to prepare the dish by following this recipe and set the table with our Organic Tempranillo by Beso De Vino. What a delight!
Mudejar duck cylinder with tomato and avocado
- Tierra Mudejar canned duck thigh
- Tierra Mudejar canned duck mousse
- Duck ham
- Barbastro pink tomato
- Extra virgin olive oil from Lower Aragón
- Prepare cannelloni with duck mousse and avocado and cannelloni of duck ham.
- Prepare a pink tomato tartare by dehydrating the tomato at 70 Cº for 8 hours. Chill. Season it with extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper and a small amount of cumin.
- Season with salt and pepper the Mudejar duck thigh and bake at 200 Cº to seal it, then cool it and pack in a vacuum bag.
- When cooked, debone and shape into a cylinder. Reserve the juices to make a sauce seasoned with orange and clove.
Add the tartare, the duck cylinder, and refresh with herbs and slices of green asparagus.
Manel García Prieto
Manel García is from Manresa, in Catalunya, and one can credit the hotel his parents ran in Navacles, a nearby town, for him taking an interest in the restaurant and catering trade. He has lived in Aragón since 2002, from where his wife hails, and now regards himself as Aragonese. His training began in Girona followed by international experience in France, Italy and England. He has worked in various restaurants across Spain, and has held positions as executive chef in larger establishments on the Spanish mainland and in the Canary Islands. He currently is working in Aura, while also consulting within the trade and providing training.
The recipe of mudejar duck cylinder with tomato and avocado as well as the Chef bio is an extract of the Golden Book of the Aragonese Cuisine first edition, an International Gourmand World Cookbook Award as the best book in Spanish in the “Local Cuisine” category.