Enjoy this recipe with our El Circo. Director. Garnacha & Cariñena Special Selection
Lamb collars with green pistachio, quinoa ratatouille and caramelized sweetbreads
- Neck of Ternasco de Aragon (young lamb)
- White wine
- Red, green and yellow pepper
Eggplant Sweetbread of Ternasco de Aragón (young lamb)
- Hokkaido pumpkin
- Corn starch
- Modena vinegar
- De-bone the neck. Make a paste using the wine, the pistachios, the grilled garlic and water.
- Season the neck with salt and pepper and spread the paste on the inside of the necks. Roll up and cook in aluminum film 80 minutes at 120 Cº.
- Roast the apples and blend with hand mixer.
- Make a roasted bone broth.
- Make a ratatouille with the vegetables and add the cooked quinoa.
- Make a cream with the pumpkin.
- Clean the neck sweetbreads and cook in water with bay leaf, onion, and pepper grains.
- Caramelize and sprinkle with mint.
Óscar Viñuales Liso
When Oscar Viñuales started in the Escuela de Hostelería de San Lorenzo in Huesca, he combined study and work, cooking in various restaurants. In the Hospedería de Loarre he came into contact with a different kind of cooking. When he was twenty years old he ran the kitchen in a hotel in Monflorite. Until then,e had been learning how to cook and in the restaurant Las Torres he began to learn gastronomy. After a period in Granada, he returned to Aragón, and he realized what he wanted to do: to open a restaurant based on the local products. In 2010,e opened El Origen in Huesca.
The recipe of lamb collars with green pistachio, quinoa ratatouille and caramelized sweetbreads as well as the Chef bio is an extract of the Golden Book of the Aragonese Cuisine first edition, an International Gourmand World Cookbook Award as the best book in Spanish in the “Local Cuisine” category.