Enjoy this recipe with our Anayón Cariñena.
Lamb cannelloni with earth of the land
- 3 Ternasco de Aragón shoulders (young lamb)
- 400 g Onion
- 300 g Leeks
- 400 g Red pepper
- 4 dl Lamb glaze
- 150 g Flour
- 4,5 dl Milk
- 200 g Borage lasagna sheets
- 1 Kg Traditional “migas” (breadcrumbs)
- Cook the lamb shoulders at 75 Cº for 11 hours. Debone.
- With the meat and vegetables make a filling for the cannelloni. Stuff the lasagna sheets with the filling and freeze.
- Once the breadcrumbs are cooked, place in the oven on absorbent paper and cook at 140 Cº for 25 minutes.
- Mark the cannelloni on the grill to give them colour and heat in the oven.
Alberto Lozano Esteban
He was on track to be a friar before becoming a cook, a real life twist on the Spanish adage “Be a cook before becoming a friar.” Alberto Lozano was studying in a seminary in Tarazona when a friend encouraged him to enter in the Escuela de Hosteleria de Teruel, where he discovered cooking, his true vocation. Alberto is the third generation of his family to work in the Hotel Rio Piedra in Nuévalos. He has converted the restaurant of this hotel by means of equipping the kitchen with the latest in cooking technology. He is a member of three associations: Eurotoques, Horeca and Cocineros de Aragón.
The recipe of lamb cannelloni with earth of the land as well as the Chef bio is an extract of the Golden Book of the Aragonese Cuisine first edition, an International Gourmand World Cookbook Award as the best book in Spanish in the “Local Cuisine” category.