Delicious shellfish to savor in your cream, well accompanied on the table by our Anayón Macabeo 2016 with which this dish pairs perfectly.
Grilled monkfish with Norway lobster and cream
- Norway lobsters
- Onion from Fuentes
- Tomato from Zaragoza
- Olive oil from Lower Aragón
For the Norway lobster cream:
- Peel the Norway lobsters and use some of the heads, shells and claws to make a broth, lightly frying them first and then add some water.
- Allow to cook for 5 minutes. Crush all together in a mortar to acquire all the flavors.
- Lightly fry the finely diced onion and leek.
- Then add the finely chopped tomato. Add some brandy and wait for the alcohol to evaporate.
- Add the Norway lobsters broth. Blend in a food processor. Pass through a food mill twice, to achieve a smooth sauce.
For the monkfish:
- Season the monkfish with salt and pepper and spread olive oil over it. Mark on the grill for 3 or 4 minutes (depending on the thickness).
For the Norway lobster:
- Peel the Norway lobster, leaving the head and tail.
- Season it with salt and pepper and spread olive oil over it.
- Mark on a grill.
Javier Milán Lopera
Javier Milán came to Zaragoza to fulfil his military service and he stayed because of love. He got a job in the kitchen of the restaurant Pantxika Orio, specializing in Basque cooking, and that was his school. Being a lively person he thought that he was capable, after all of his years of experience, of opening his own place, and he converted the restaurant La Carambola into the
restaurant La Nueva Karambola. From the outset he has supported a traditional cooking that utilizes high quality products which he treats with care and respect in order to maximize flavors.
The recipe Grilled monkfish with Norway lobster and cream as well as the Chef bio is an extract of the Golden Book of the Aragonese Cuisine first edition, an International Gourmand World Cookbook Award as the best book in Spanish in the “Local Cuisine” category.