Enjoy this recipe with our Corona de Aragón Garnacha Blanca
Cod fake “morcilla” with ragout of onion, borage and peas
- 2 onions from Fuentes.
- 100g Fresh peas and their pods.
- Borage stalks.
- 100g Black olive powder.
- 200g Cod tripe.
- 20g Rice.
- 30g Butter.
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- White wine and borage flowers.
- Make a pea broth by blanching the fresh pea pods and blending them with a mixer.
- Cut the onion in brunoise and allow it to slowly sweat in the olive oil, and then add the raw peas along with some borage stalks and a small splash of white wine and the pea broth. Allow only 2 minutes of cooking time maximum for the peas and borage stalks.
- Scald the cod tripe and dice fine. Using the diced tripe, the cod broth, the black olive powder and the rice, prepare a risotto. Once done, shape into curls of 4 cm. diameter, and allow it to cool.
Rubén Catalán Cañardo
Rubén Catalán feels very comfortable in the restaurant El Corral in Tarragona, Catalonia, although his goal is to go back to his home town Maella, in Aragón. Since he studied in the Escuela de Hostelería de Cambrils, in Catalonia he has not stopped training, taking an interest in enology as well. He has been in many of the great kitchens of Tarragona, Zaragoza, San Sebastian, Madrid and France and he has won, among others, the first prize in the XI Cooking and Bakery Competition in Aragon.
The recipe of cod fake “morcilla” with ragout of onion, borage and peas as well as the Chef bio is an extract of the Golden Book of the Aragonese Cuisine first edition, an International Gourmand World Cookbook Award as the best book in Spanish in the “Local Cuisine” category.