Grandes Vinos is extremely proud of the recognition that our wines have earned in the world’s most prestigious international competitions, with over 300 medals won in the last five years.
We have already received our first gold of 2021. We are confident that a job well done and our winemakers’ commitment to producing the finest grapes will continue to pick awards as we did last year, when we won a total of 20 gold, 13 silver and 6 bronze medals.
Join us and enjoy them with us!
Sub30 International Wine Contest
November 2021: Madrid, Spain. The only competition in which all the wines presented are young, under 30 years old.
- Gold medal: 49 millions white
- Gold medal. 49 millions rosé
Sélections Mondiales des Vins Canada
October 2021, Québec, Canada. Among more than 1,910 registered wines from 32 countries, the 28th edition of Sélections Mondiales des Vins Canada has distinguished our winery with two gold medals. These are the awarded wines:
- Gold medal: Beso de Vino Syrah & Garnacha 2020
- Gold medal: Monasterio de las Viñas Gran Reserva 2016
Berliner Wein Trophy Summer Edition
October 2021, Berlin. Tasting of 6,000 wines from all over the world, analyzed and valued by a jury made up of more than 170 international experts, under the strict rules of the OIV and UIOE, as well as under notarial supervision.
- Gold Medal: El Circo Contorsionista Cabernet Sauvignon 2020
- Silver Medal: El Circo Malabarista Macabeo 2020
August 2021, Neustadt an der Weinstraße (Germany). Tasting of more than 4,500 wines from 35 countries, evaluated by a jury of 120 wine experts, including oenologists, sommeliers and producers.
- Silver Medal: El Circo. Acróbata. Grenache 2020
- Silver Medal: Beso de Vino. Organic Tempranillo 2019
Decanter World Wine Awards 2021
July 2021, London. Wines tasting from different countries, valued by the best wine experts from around the world. A contest that enjoys great international prestige due to its rigorous evaluation process.
- Silver Medal: Monasterio de las Viñas Garnacha & Tempranillo
- Bronze Medal: Monasterio de las Viñas Crianza 2018 y Monasterio de las Viñas Reserva 2017
July 2021, Madrid. Blind tasting strictly evaluated by 50 tasters from the Spanish Tasters Union, in a competition that puts the exclusive focus on young wines, in this case from the 2020 vintage.
- Gold Baco: 3C Cariñena 2020
May 2021, Ascoli Piceno, Cebreros, Châteauneuf du Pape and Perpiñán. Tasting of 800 wines from all over the world valued by specialist tasters in sommelier, distribution and wine communication.
- Gold medal: Corona de Aragón Garnacha Blanca 2019
Bacchus, XIX Concurso Internacional de Vinos
May 2021, Madrid. Tasting of 1,500 wines from all over the world valued by 100 international tasters.
- Bacchus de Oro: Anayón Cariñena 2018
March 2021, Saint Lager. Tasting of more than 600 wines from 36 countries, valued by 300 international experts.
- Silver Medal: El Circo Zancudo Chardonnay
Berliner Wein Trophy Winter Edition
February 2021, Berlin. Tasting of 7,000 wines from all over the world, analyzed and evaluated by 300 international jurors.
- 3 gold medals: 3C Premium Selección Cariñena 2017, El Circo. Zancudo. Chardonnay 2020 and Monasterio de las Viñas Garnacha & Tempranillo 2020
February 2021, Tokyo. Tasting of 4,562 wines from 32 countries, valued by a jury of wine expert Japanese women.
- Gold Medal: El Circo Zancudo Chardonnay
- Silver Medal: El Circo Arlequín Syrah
February 2021. Tasting of more than 5,000 wines from wineries around the world, evaluated by a jury of expert winemakers, sommeliers, producers and trade journalists.
- 1 gold medal: El Circo. Zancudo. Chardonnay 2020
Best of Show Cariñena White: El Circo. Zancudo. Chardonnay 2020